Is there a custom field for key-value like inputs?

Martin Heinemann November 30, 2015

I am looking for a custom field that allows us to add things like this to our issues:

"SomeKey Value Text" - "Value No. 1"

- "Value No. 2"

- "Value No. 3"

"SomeKey Value Text 2"   - "Value No xy"

- "Value No zy"

We want to add some "Acceptence criteria" to an issue. And we want to add multiple test cases for each acceptance criteria. Is there a custom field for this case?

All input values are just plain text.

2 answers

0 votes
Yagnesh Bhat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015
0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2015

No there is no custom field like this from JIRA out of the box. There maybe some add-ons in the Atlassian Marketplace but I am not confident to suggest something that I have not tried myself, maybe you can give them a try smile (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?q=custom+field)

The closest you can get right now is the "Cascading Select Custom Field" but that is not a "free form text field" and the values are being pre-defined in the System Administration screen. 

If you cannot find the thing you can looking for anywhere, maybe you should try another approach to your problem (e.g. creating 1 sub-task as a "test case" for each Story instead of a custom field)

Suggest an answer