Is there a custom field drop down where you can assign users/groups as options, similar to the Assignee field

CameronA August 23, 2012

I basically want to be able to create a drop down list that populates with all users in my jira instance. I've searched and searched for a plugin thorugh the atlassian exchange but nothing quite fits my needs.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012
CameronA August 23, 2012

Looks like it! Thanks Radu!

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

You can only have the users that are able to access the project verses all users. I take it you already looked at the user and group picker custom fields already? What is wrong with that interface?

CameronA August 23, 2012

Hi Norman - yes i've experimented with the the user and group pickers. I just wanted to find out if there was a way to assign a group as the options so that management of the group would automatically be reflected in the drop down list. I'll use the user picker for my custom field. thanks!

Suggest an answer