Is there a chef recipe for atlassian tools that Atlassian uses?

Samuel Warren December 11, 2014

I am trying to use bflad's chef cookbook and it fails, I get the following error:

================================================================================
Recipe Compile Error in /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb
================================================================================

IndexError
----------
string not matched

Cookbook Trace:
---------------
  /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb:161:in `[]='
  /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb:161:in `from_file'

Relevant File Content:
----------------------
/var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb:

154:  default['jira']['container_server']['version'] = '6'
155:  
156:  default['jira']['build']['targets'] = 'war'
157:  default['jira']['build']['enable'] = true
158:  default['jira']['build']['exclude_jars'] = %w(jcl-over-slf4j jul-to-slf4j log4j slf4j-api slf4j-log4j12)
159:  default['jira']['build']['file'] = "#{node['jira']['install_path']}/dist-#{node['jira']['container_server']['name']}/atlassian-jira-#{node['jira']['version']}.war"
160:  
161>> default['jira']['database']['host']     = 'localhost'
162:  default['jira']['database']['name']     = 'jira'
163:  default['jira']['database']['password'] = 'changeit'
164:  default['jira']['database']['port']     = 3306
165:  default['jira']['database']['type']     = 'mysql'
166:  default['jira']['database']['user']     = 'jira'
167:  
168:  default['jira']['jars']['deploy_jars'] = %w(carol carol-properties hsqldb jcl-over-slf4j jonas_timer jotm jotm-iiops_stubs jotm-jmrp_stubs jta jul-to-slf4j log4j objectweb-datasource ots-jts slf4j-api slf4j-log4j12 xapool)
169:  default['jira']['jars']['install_path'] = node['jira']['install_path'] + '-jars'
170:  default['jira']['jars']['url_base'] = 'http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/jira-jars'

My question is:

is there a cookbook that Atlassian has created for chef deployments?

If not, can anyone help me with this error?

1 answer

0 votes
Deleted user June 2, 2015

@Samuel Warren not sure if you managed to get an answer to this?

I am trying to build tools from the Atlassian tools suite (Confluence/JIRA/Crowd/Bamboo/Stash etc).

Can you please point me in the direction of current cookbooks/recipes/repositories I can use to with my chef server installation to install the above apps and their dependencies e.g. Oracle JDK - Java/MySQL/Apache.

I can see this request has been asked about before..(Above)

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jat

Suggest an answer