Is there a chef recipe for atlassian tools that Atlassian uses?

I am trying to use bflad's chef cookbook and it fails, I get the following error:

================================================================================
Recipe Compile Error in /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb
================================================================================

IndexError
----------
string not matched

Cookbook Trace:
---------------
  /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb:161:in `[]='
  /var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb:161:in `from_file'

Relevant File Content:
----------------------
/var/chef/cache/cookbooks/chef-jira-master/attributes/default.rb:

154:  default['jira']['container_server']['version'] = '6'
155:  
156:  default['jira']['build']['targets'] = 'war'
157:  default['jira']['build']['enable'] = true
158:  default['jira']['build']['exclude_jars'] = %w(jcl-over-slf4j jul-to-slf4j log4j slf4j-api slf4j-log4j12)
159:  default['jira']['build']['file'] = "#{node['jira']['install_path']}/dist-#{node['jira']['container_server']['name']}/atlassian-jira-#{node['jira']['version']}.war"
160:  
161>> default['jira']['database']['host']     = 'localhost'
162:  default['jira']['database']['name']     = 'jira'
163:  default['jira']['database']['password'] = 'changeit'
164:  default['jira']['database']['port']     = 3306
165:  default['jira']['database']['type']     = 'mysql'
166:  default['jira']['database']['user']     = 'jira'
167:  
168:  default['jira']['jars']['deploy_jars'] = %w(carol carol-properties hsqldb jcl-over-slf4j jonas_timer jotm jotm-iiops_stubs jotm-jmrp_stubs jta jul-to-slf4j log4j objectweb-datasource ots-jts slf4j-api slf4j-log4j12 xapool)
169:  default['jira']['jars']['install_path'] = node['jira']['install_path'] + '-jars'
170:  default['jira']['jars']['url_base'] = 'http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/downloads/binary/jira-jars'

My question is:

is there a cookbook that Atlassian has created for chef deployments?

If not, can anyone help me with this error?

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

@Samuel Warren not sure if you managed to get an answer to this?

I am trying to build tools from the Atlassian tools suite (Confluence/JIRA/Crowd/Bamboo/Stash etc).

Can you please point me in the direction of current cookbooks/recipes/repositories I can use to with my chef server installation to install the above apps and their dependencies e.g. Oracle JDK - Java/MySQL/Apache.

I can see this request has been asked about before..(Above)

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Jat

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

215 views 3 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you