Is there a built-in JIRA custom field that allows appending?

Karen Clark October 17, 2012

I have a Salesforce to JIRA connector that writes values to specific JIRA fields that I have mapped.

I would like the connector to append a value to the JIRA custom field, rather than overwrite it.

Is there a built-in field type in JIRA that I can select which would accept the (text) input from this connector to allow each entry to be appended rather than overwriting the previous?

Thank you!

Karen

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

I came across this add on that does text manipulation:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf

Karen Clark May 21, 2013

Thanks Timothy. I not quite connecting the dots though regarding how that field would allow appending from an API call via a connected app...

1 vote
Daniel Fowler May 6, 2013

Bump. Somebody out there must have run into a similar issue.

0 votes
Daniel Fowler April 8, 2013

Poke. I am running into a similar issue. For a Helpdesk application, need to be able to capture and append replies received via email (using JEMH) to a field that is not necessarily viewable by the issue reporter (depending on role) BUT want original basic commment functionality intact to allow interaction with the reporter.

0 votes
Daniel Fowler April 8, 2013

Poke. I am running into a similar issue. For a Helpdesk application, need to be able to capture and append replies received via email (using JEMH) to a field that is not necessarily viewable by the issue reporter (depending on role) BUT want original basic commment functionality intact to allow interaction with the reporter.

Suggest an answer