Is there a built-in JIRA custom field that allows appending?

I have a Salesforce to JIRA connector that writes values to specific JIRA fields that I have mapped.

I would like the connector to append a value to the JIRA custom field, rather than overwrite it.

Is there a built-in field type in JIRA that I can select which would accept the (text) input from this connector to allow each entry to be appended rather than overwriting the previous?

Thank you!

Karen

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Timothy Chin Community Champion May 06, 2013

I came across this add on that does text manipulation:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.keplerrominfo.jira.plugins.keplercf

Thanks Timothy. I not quite connecting the dots though regarding how that field would allow appending from an API call via a connected app...

Poke. I am running into a similar issue. For a Helpdesk application, need to be able to capture and append replies received via email (using JEMH) to a field that is not necessarily viewable by the issue reporter (depending on role) BUT want original basic commment functionality intact to allow interaction with the reporter.

Poke. I am running into a similar issue. For a Helpdesk application, need to be able to capture and append replies received via email (using JEMH) to a field that is not necessarily viewable by the issue reporter (depending on role) BUT want original basic commment functionality intact to allow interaction with the reporter.

Bump. Somebody out there must have run into a similar issue.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

809 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you