Is there a Kanban board for an Enhancement and Sustainment team?

Shashamk Rai December 10, 2019

Is there a Kanban board that is available for an Enhancement and Sustainment team? If there is no template available how could I create one? We are an Sustainment team and trying to figure out if there is a Kanban structure in JIRA that can be used by our team to structure our backlog items and ongoing work. Appreciate your suggestions.

1 answer

0 votes
edwin vasquez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2019

I dont think there is an Enhancement and Sustainment team Kanban board template, but I would recommend creating a project for your work and then you can create a Kanban board. If your tasks are spread out throughout multiple projects, then I'd recommend you create a filter and then create a Kanban board based on that filter.

1. First thing I'd suggest is create a filter that finds all the issues assigned to this user. If the board will need to be accessed by a lot of people, makes sure you share the filter with them as well. 
    1. Click on issues, then enter your search criteria, then save the filter
  2. To create a board, click on Boards, then Create Board on the upper right hand side
    1. on the dialog box, select Board from an existing Saved Filter
    2. Name your board and select the filter you created, and then click Create Board
    3. If you need to do additional configurations, click Boards on the upper right hand side and click Configure

Hope this helps!

Shashamk Rai December 11, 2019

Thank you Edwin for your quick feedback. I will take this suggestion back to my higher ups.

Suggest an answer