Is there a Jira plugin, like an project wiki or project forum?

Nils Lange February 13, 2013

Hello,

I need a Jira plugin, that's like a wiki or forum. I would like provide informations for the hole project team. Furthermore anybody should have the opportunity to comment or to add some information. Is there a plugin for Jira that contains all of that, or is it neccessary to buy Confluence with corresponding plugins?

Nils

5 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2013

I'm afraid that's pretty much the definition of Confluence.

Jira already supports comments on issues, but is entirely driven by issues. Confluence is driven by user-defined pages, which is what you want

I have already feared that this is only made by Confluence

C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2013

why?

honestly i think it is a good solution to seperate things.

i am glad Atlassian Products are not like L.o.f.R "One tool to serve 'em all"

some need to colaborate without issue tracking..others just don't need to use a wiki :)

need both -> get both

i totally agree with that

yeah you're right. I thought there is a small plugin, that includes all features. That's like your idea.

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 4, 2014

Definitely have plans for an ondemand version. Not entirely sure about timeline yet.My initial guess is maybe 6-8 weeks from now.

Reza Ghorbani June 8, 2014

Nice, then its not that far away. Thanks for the respond.

I'm running the trial of Confluence but might switch over once this is ready :)

Artur Ganowski November 13, 2014

We run trial of Simple wiki but we don't see project wiki link in our projects like in this instruction http://simplewiki.tss.io/docs_project_wiki.html What we do wrong? We have JIRA v6.3.4a

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2014

Hi Robert the documentation is a bit outdated, we're updating it at the moment. We have removed the "wiki" link from the project in favor of having the "Wiki" link in the top Jira header.

Artur Ganowski November 13, 2014

Hi Anthony Thank u for the very fast answer, but on the top header (where there are Dashboard, Projects, Issue etc.) we still can't see the link. Do you know what could happened

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2014

Hi Robert, I couldn't say without more details. Could you follow the steps outlined here (http://simplewiki.tss.io/support.html) to send us the support file? I think we can diagnose the issue from there, and help you more directly.

Reza Ghorbani November 14, 2014

Same here actually, i dont see any Wiki on the header, i'm using On-Demand version. Am i suppose to install a specific plug-in or is this a standard feature? I'm also very interested using this for my project as a place for common problems/question.

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2014

Hi Reza, sorry for the confusion. Due to a limitations of Jira On-Demand, we have not been able to make the SimpleWiki plugin compatible with On-Demand yet. You would have to use Confluence instead.

Reza Ghorbani November 14, 2014

Oh ok i see, we plan to move over to the server based version since there are so many useful plugins available. We do have Confluence but its more convenient to have the Wiki in the project. Thanks for the quick reply.

Dandreb Vela December 28, 2014

Hi Anthony, How's the progress of simplewiki on Ondemand i would love to see this plugin available for Ondemand instances it would be very useful.

Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2014

Hi Danreb, We've been playing with Jira OnDemand for a while now, and to be honest, it's not looking good. The way that the SimpleWiki is written for hosted instances doesn't translate well to OnDemand. The capabilities of Jira OnDemand from an API and Integration perspective are simply too limited. (everything runs in an iFrame, no dashboard gadgets, no access to custom macros or render logic, which prevents easy linking from tickets, ..etc.). We've been begun developing an alternative version that focuses more on real-time collaboration (shared editing, chat, ..etc), and has more simplistic integration with Jira itself (due to limitations). If you're interested, let me know, and we can chat more directly about that, and see about having you try out the beta when it's ready.

0 votes
Anthony De Moss
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2013

A little late, but for those still looking for something like a project wiki inside of Jira, we just published a plugin for this.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.topshelfsolution.simplewiki

Reza Ghorbani June 4, 2014

I would be intressted if it was for ondemand. Any plans for that?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 16, 2013
0 votes
C_ Faysal
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 13, 2013

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/app/jira?category=Collaboration

i don't believe you can include kind of collaboration (what confluence offers) in jira (cause it is only a bug tracking & project mananagement tool)

anybody should have the opportunity to comment or to add some information.

no need to install plugins for that. just modify permissions to allow certain people/groups to have access to the issues/projects.

anybody should have the opportunity to comment or to add some information.

no need to install plugins for that. just modify permissions to allow certain people/groups to have access to the issues/projects.

This point applied to the Wiki plugin.

Suggest an answer