Is there a JIRA Dashboard gadget that allows for the display of Confluence page content?

Jake Chavez December 28, 2017

I have a JIRA Dashboard used by my development team and my business partners. It's a great one-stop shop for transparent info pertaining to our development efforts. 

I currently have a Text gadget where I maintain updated notes, etc. However, as the Dashboard creator/owner, I am the only one that can currently maintain this information. Therefore, I'd like to instead maintain a confluence page with the updated information and display that page on my Dashboard. 

So... is there a JIRA Dashboard gadget that allows for the display of Confluence page content? 

Edit: We're using JIRA Server v7.2.7 & Confluence 6.1.4 

2 answers

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2017

I don't think you can embed a Confluence page in a gadget (although the use case absolutely makes sense), but the SimpleWiki app allows you to create simplified wikis within Jira.

It may be an alternative to consider.

Jake Chavez December 29, 2017

Thanks, I'll check out the app and see if it's a workable solution. My hesitation would be the fracturing of information between JIRA and Confluence (not for my particular use case, but in the event that other teams would start to use it). 

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2017

Hello,

You could use the Text gadget which let you inculde html to your dashboards. You need to enable it first. After enabled you can use iframe tag to include a page from Confluence. Kindly read more in the following article

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/adding-the-text-gadget-720417086.html

Jake Chavez December 29, 2017

Hi Alexey, 

As stated, I actually have a Text Gadget on my Dashboard already. I had actually iFramed in a Confluence page on a previous iteration of this Dashboard. However, it stopped working at some point. I think our security department may be blocking it somehow. I can make an iFrame work if it points to another URL in JIRA, but nothing outside a JIRA URL works. Otherwise, I'd definitely like to go back to this solution. Perhaps I'll contact them to see if there's a way iframes between our JIRA and Confluence instances can be white-listed.

Thank you for your response and suggestion!

Suggest an answer