Is there a Gadget simliar to "Quick Links" that can be customized with URL links of my choice?

Paul Davis August 26, 2011

My intention is to link to certain Project Reports that I commonly use.

I don't like having to recreate the reports with parameters (Project or Filter) every time I view the report.

6 answers

4 votes
Ryan Hoke January 6, 2015

Paul, I had one of our users ask me about such a gadget this morning as well, and I agree it would be a useful tool.  I don't like enabling the text gadget for everyone because of the security risks, and many of our users wouldn't know how to format a list of links anyway – even using the toolbar.  So, I made an official request to Atlassian for a custom links gadget: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-41424.  Please vote on this issue if you would like to see an official gadget as well.  Thanks.

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 26, 2011

Try the "text" gadget - you can put html into that, with your links.

I seem to remember it's disabled in the default install, you need to go into admin -> plugins to enable it.

Doug Kozar April 16, 2018

where is the text gadget?

Diogo Nunes July 5, 2018

I'm not an admin, how do I use the "Text" gadget? It doesn't not appear in my list of Jira Gadgets :(

Kristin Bitler September 7, 2018

I'm an admin and can't find where to enable the text gadget. 

John Bartelt January 31, 2019

I can not find any "text gadget" either.  I'm an admin and don't see any related plugin or setting.  Was this removed form jira at some point?

Added: Yes, it looks like this was removed after Jira 6; I don't think it exists 7.

Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 24, 2019

For Jira Server:

You'll need to manually enable this through the manage add-ons or manage apps screen. 

Search for Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin under All apps and then expand the module.  You'll then be able to enable the Text gadget if desired. 

Ilja Rathgen February 25, 2019

@Keri can't find the text gadget there. 109 of 109 modules enabled, but no text gadget here. We're using Jira cloud.

Keri
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2019

Hi @Ilja Rathgen 

This gadget is not available for JIRA Cloud due to potential security risks, as it can contain arbitrary HTML which could potentially make your JIRA system vulnerable to XSS attacks.

Benjamin Michiels March 15, 2019

Hi @keri duti

I can't find Atlassian Jira - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin in Add-ons -> Managed apps (All apps) screen (Jira Server 7.12.3).

I can find a Atlassian Universal Plugin Manager Plugin but no text gadget.

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Edit: I've found it by selecting System (and not All apps).

2 votes
CollinM June 6, 2017

Would add that you'll want to set up your links with the target=blank, otherwise the page will load within the gadget itself.  This will allow the page to open in a new tab

<a href="https://www.google.com/" target="_blank">google.com</a>

0 votes
cweiske March 25, 2020

For Jira cloud, vote for https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-21965

There is an "Rich text" app that adds a similar gadget: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214632/rich-text-gadget-for-jira

0 votes
N. Larsen July 31, 2017

This works great!  Thank you Collin!

0 votes
Markus Lepper
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2011

We use the text-gadget to provide different ind of link-lists, overview boxes, mini-portals,...

So just try the option suggested by Nic.

BR, Markus

Suggest an answer