Is their an add-on that allows us to bulk clone tickets with their comments?

Harsha Rao March 23, 2016

When cloning a project with the Clone Project Plugin, do the issues that get cloned, get cloned with their comments?  In other words, can you we use this plugin to bulk clone issues, with their comments?

Is there any add-on that let's us do that?

1 answer

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016
AnnaLee March 23, 2016

Gabrielle, I see Clone Plus for JIRA allows the option to clone comments when cloning a single ticket.
However, my question is about BULK cloning. Will the plugin allow that same option when bulk cloning tickets?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2016

Yes, try it.

AnnaLee March 23, 2016

Hi Gabrielle,
We downloaded the free trial of Clone Plus. Seems like it only allows us to clone single tickets. I see no way to bulk clone tickets using Clone Plus. Can you advise?

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 23, 2016

Oh is that so. Try their other product, JIRA CLI

https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/3.8.0+-+Examples

jira --action cloneIssues --toProject "ZRUNNERC" --description "Bulk clone example" --search 'project = ZRUNNER and summary ~ "volume-*"'

Harsha Rao March 24, 2016

Hi Gabrielle,

As I understand from user guide, https://bobswift.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JCLI/CLI+Issue+Cloning, there's no option for bulk cloning with comments.  The add-on works based off already installed add-ons.  So, it just allows users the additional functionality to run things command-line.  This does not help us.

I think we're going in circles without addressing the true need:  We need to be able to bulk clone tickets with their comments.  I see no add-on that provides that functionality in JIRA marketplace.  

Thanks,
Harsha 

Suggest an answer