Is their a way to restrict certain project's view/browse only by admins or particular users?

aquarian man April 22, 2014

Hi,

Some of my projects are confidential so i want only few people can browse/view it and make changes in it. Is it possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2014

Yes, it is.

You can restrict the Project security level by the user groups.

I believe these documentations below can assist you during this setup:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Using+Project+Level+Security+with+User+Groups

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=280069544

Basically in the project administration section you can configure the permissions scheme. The 'Browser Project' permission it is the one that determinates who can see the project, you just need to customise which role/group can browse the project.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

aquarian man April 29, 2014

Thanks for the info.

I followed the steps and now i can create external users who have access to only their projects but they are not able to view issues allotted to them.

aquarian man April 29, 2014

Alrite..its done..

after i added current assignee in Browse Projects permission.

Thank you for your help. :)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 22, 2014

Generally, the answer to this is to unpick the default setup that tends to grant browse to everyone by default, and rebuild your access with a model that allows you to have people log in without access to everything. Then you'll be able to leave out the protected projects from general view and just grant limited access to them.

Issue security can hide individual issues, and be used to achieve much the same without rearranging the default access.

The defaults in Jira is to have the group "jira users" used for both saying "this person can log in" and "this person is in the role of users in the project and hence, can see it". In new Jira installs, it's quite easy to get rid of this and enable a simple access model, but if you've drifted into using the defaults, it can be quite a large job to separate "log in" from "see every project"

Suggest an answer