Is the official JIRA agile REST API removed/deprecated? If not, is there actual documentation somewhere?

Steve Thompson April 1, 2014

After browsing around it seems it's no longer officially supported. Is this true? How are people migrating from other bug trackers supposed to recreate sprints? What about programmatically updating sprints? Why was this functionality removed/deprecated?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steve Thompson May 12, 2014

I never received a good answer.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

REST Deprecated? I'm not at all sure where you could find anything saying that! It's completely the opposite story - REST is the way forward for Atlassian stuff

See https://docs.atlassian.com/jira/REST/latest/

(Oh, unless you meant SOAP? - not really developed in Jira 4, deprecated in Jira 5, gone in Jira 7)

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

I think he meant the JIRA Agile REST API. No public docs for that. I use the REST API browser to find the details.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2014

Ah, yes. I misunderstood.

Docs, no, but deprecated, definitely not, same as Jira.

Steve Thompson April 1, 2014

If you read posts related to JIRA Agile REST interface people are saying that the api no longer shows up as public in the REST API browser and is kind of indicated as deprecated. Maybe it's just hidden for now? I'm just trying to understand what the official word is. I'd love to hear from someone inside Atlassian.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2014

I do not think it is deprecated. Agile plugin itself is using these APIs. I am not sure why there is not much documentation though!

Suggest an answer