Is the Zephyr import tool still needed when migrating?

Lou Barsony June 8, 2015

We are currently attempting to complete a migration of JIRA from a pilot system to a production system.

We are currently using JIRA 6.3.14 on Windows 2008 R2.

We are having some difficulties in migrating test cases but I found the following tool link...

https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ZTD/Backups+and+Restore

Is this tool still valid and useable? It looks like it is being maintained.

The tool is used for restores, what is used as the backup file?

Any advice is appreciated.

2 answers

2 votes
S June 18, 2015

@Lou Barsony It sounds like you migrating JIRA Server (On Prem) to another JIRA Server. In this case, there is no need of any explicit import. JIRA restore will take care of restoring Zephyr data also. This of course doesn't apply if you doing partial restore (single project at a time).

Dashboards belong to JIRA and should also get migrated over along with this. Please open a ticket at support.getzephyr.com if you still seeing issues with metrics. 

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2015

This is the importer you are looking for I think: https://bitbucket.org/zfjdeveloper/zfj-importer/wiki/Home

Lou Barsony June 10, 2015

I have been digging into the problem a bit more and actually looks like Zephyr Dashboards for test metrics are not being migrated. It appears that tests have been but not the bulk of the dashboards. Is there another tool for migrating metrics/dashboards?

Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2015

I believe that this may have been written by the Zephyr team, maybe contact them?

Suggest an answer