Is the Project Metrics add on covered by the general JIRA license

James Lanfear July 11, 2016

Want to use this add on but unsure if it would be covered under the JIRA license.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 11, 2016

It's covered by the licence named in the marketplace entry for it.

It also says "free" on the marketplace, so you should be able to simply install and use it, if you're happy with the licence terms stated there.

Tom Moors
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2016

Indeed, we make it available for free, thanks for elaborating Nic!

CTO Build, Run, and Architecture November 1, 2016

Could you elaborate, free is the cost and not the terms for licensing.  Is it licensed under the Atlassian Marketplace standard terms, or do you have your own terms, or are following the terms for an open source license?  My legal team likes to review this.

CTO Build, Run, and Architecture November 1, 2016

Hi Nic,

I'll admit to being annoying and bothersome if you can show me the error of my ways.  I can find the standard license for the Atlassian Marketplace just fine.  I'm looking at the Project Metrics market place page and under "resources" where everyone puts a "license" link I don't see one.  I saw the documentation link and followed it over to the doc site and tried to both navigate and search there to no avail.  If there's another spot that I'm just not trying, or if my control+f search for the word "license" just didn't get me to the right thing please let me know.  Otherwise, I fear my legal team will tell me that without some terms I can use your intellectual property under, it would be a violation of your rights for me to use your products.  Obviously I think they're pretty good or I wouldn't always look for a license, so could you please help?  Also, this is a shared ID so if it seems like a lot of questions it's because we've got a dozen or so people behind it.  Thanks.

Brando

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 1, 2016

Google worked fine for me.  Bear in mind we're end users of Atlassian software and add-ons for it.  We have no more resources available than you do.  We're not a search engine.

CTO Build, Run, and Architecture November 2, 2016

Hi Nic,

Are you affiliated with ACA IT-Solutions? We may seem annoying, but we really are just trying to find answers for the license type for this plugin.  We have searched for this information to the best of our ability and are hoping for more clarity from ACA IT-Solutions. Thanks.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 2, 2016

No, that's why it's quite annoying - you're asking a whole community of end-users.

CTO Build, Run, and Architecture November 2, 2016

Hi Nic,

Okay, thank you. This question really was just meant for ACA IT-Solutions, but it is a question that could benefit other end users as well. 

ACA IT-Solutions, thank you for any help you can provide in advance!

Suggest an answer