Is the JIRA SU plugin compatible with JIRA 5.1?

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2012

Hi,

Does anyone know if the JIRA SU plugin is compatible with JIRA 5.1? It's not officially listed as compatible, but I wondered if anyone has tried it on 5.1 and had any issues or not?

Cheers,

Andrew.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2012

OK, JIRA SU 1.3.8 released with a SU-exit timeout of 5minutes, p.s. also compatible with JIRA 5.1

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 21, 2012
Thanks Andy.Will give 1.3.8 a go.
0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2012

Hi Andrew, the 'dissapearing' exit button is a designed in security feature as part of 5.x updates, but it ought to be around for 5minutes, I'll dig.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2012

Ok, got around to installing a test JIRA 5.1 system and installed an eval of JIRA SU 1.3.7.

Most of it looks ok, but the "SU Exit" menu item disappears after you've browsed as the SU'ed user for a bit. I've tried to record a definite set of steps that make the menu item disappear, but it's a bit random - I thought it was when I went to Administration -> Projects, but on later tests the menu item remained after those selections, but disappeared when I browsed to Issues -> Search for Issues.

I've never used the SU plugin on 5.0.x as I'm looking at an upgrade to 5.1 from 4.4.4 which uses JIRA SU 1.2.2 and I believe the SU Exit functionality was only added in 1.3.2? So I'm not sure if this is a 5.1 issue or if the SU Exit functionality has always disappeared?

Andrew.

Suggest an answer