Is the Greenhoper becoming a requirement for Jira - jira is complaining about its classes even when the plugin is not used?

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

Greenhoper because commercial and I to see errors in the logs, jira complaining about:

2012-07-06 16:23:32,932 http-9080-8 ERROR sorins 983x2909x1 knft9e 10.80.118.154,127.0.0.1 /plugins/servlet/project-config/PR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

Greenhoper was not used on this instance. Is there a way to remove it and not having to get errors in the logs after this?

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 5, 2012

Worst case, you can install GH, get an evaluation license, pull the ranking field, then remove GH.

0 votes
William Brotman April 14, 2014

Resolved.

-Stop jira

-run this against the database: delete FROM customfield WHERE customfieldtypekey LIKE 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira%'

-Restart jira

Thank you!

0 votes
William Brotman April 14, 2014

I have installed Jira Agile (Greenhopper), disabled it, unistalled it, and restarted JIRA.

I do not need any information stored in these fields. Can I delete them from the database? If so, how?

I am still getting the following errors on start up. It actually added more:

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:05,095 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:05,096 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:05,096 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-label'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:05,096 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-status'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:05,207 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:05,985 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:06,352 localhost-startStop-1 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:39,042 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-color'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:39,723 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-link'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:39,724 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-label'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:39,724 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-epic-status'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:39,825 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:40,543 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-global-rank'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

catalina.out:2014-04-14 17:49:40,934 Thread-30 ERROR [jira.issue.managers.DefaultCustomFieldManager] Could not load custom field type plugin with key 'com.pyxis.greenhopper.jira:gh-sprint'. Is the plugin present and enabled?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 14, 2014

It's the same as the original.

You've installed Agile, it's created fields, you've removed it, without deleting the fields. So now Jira is looking for the code that provides the functions of those fields and it's not there.

You need to do the same fix as the original poster, or, better, Jobin's database update, or best (i.e. safest), install Agile with a temporary licence, delete the fields and then remove Agile again.

0 votes
Srinivas Marripudi June 17, 2013

In my case, I installed the plugin with eval license and then I disabled it (instead of uninstall)! The error never showed up in the logs after a Jira restart.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 5, 2012

You must have installed it before! Seems you have the rank field in the DB. You can remove it from the customfield table.

Sorin Sbarnea (Citrix)
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2012

I tried to find it there bug it was not listed. Do I have to enable greenhoper temporarly to do that?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 5, 2012

Are you looking at the database? I meant to delete it from the database table. You can also enable it moemetarily, delete it and then remove it.

Suggest an answer