Is the Edit-Field-Postfunction from plugin Behaviors available in ScriptRunner also?

Dieter Scheruga December 2, 2014

In the Behavior plugin it was possible to have a Edit-Field-PostFunction (using e.g. class FormField ). I can't find this functionality in the successor ScriptRunner. But it was said that Behaviour was totally merged in ScriptRunner. E.g I want to calculate the original field Priority by two other (custom) fields and see the change of Priority already during editing the issue and not via the postfunction in workflow only.

Thanks

Dieter

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Tip: If you use the plugin labels the right people will respond, if you don't it's total pot-luck.

Yes, they are completely merged. It sounds like what you want is just the same behaviour applied to both custom fields, when they change the priority can be recalculated. For completely you would make the priority read-only (read-only to the end user).

If you do Admin -> Behaviours, it should be exactly as the old behaviours plugin. 

Dieter Scheruga December 3, 2014

Thanks Jamie for the hint with the plugin labels. But there's no Admin -> Behaviours section anymore, or I can't find ;-) . I've installed ScriptRunner v 2.1.17. If I install Behaviours there's only the servlet that advises that the Behaviours plugin has merged with Script Runner. Thanks

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 3, 2014

Oh ok, so you are not update to date. If you are on jira 6.2 or greater you can install Script Runner 3 which contains both. If you are not, then you can install the last but one version of behaviours, or if you install from UPM it should give you the compatible version.

Ah ok that sounds good. I'll try. Thanks so far.

Everything working fine again. Thanks Jamie.

Suggest an answer