Is the Chrome browser cache affecting pages that are rendered?

Don Clark May 21, 2015

I'm seeing stories in the Backlog view that are actually in the current sprint.  Running Chrome version 43.0.2357.65 on OS X.

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 22, 2015

Unfortunately, no, it's not the browser cache, unless you've reconfigured the server to send inappropriate headers including "please cache me when you shouldn't" type phrases.

0 votes
Don Clark May 22, 2015

Yes, but not every time that JIRA shows invalid data (that I notice).  And even that doesn't explain the issue.  Clearing the cache should remove page renderings that are now out of data, but I don't know why the cache would allow incremental issues.  Case in point:  I noticed that a story was in the backlog, yet I was pretty sure this story was in the current sprint.   I clicked on it and saw that the status was Waiting for QA.  So I clicked on the Active Sprints tab and sure enough, that story appeared in the sprint.  Then I clicked on the Backlog tab and now that story showed in the  current sprint, and not in the backlog.  Went through the same sequence with another story.  Clicked on each issue in the backlog and noticed that six of the nine issues in the backlog actually showed a status in Waiting for QA.  Then I clicked on the Active Sprints tab and now these issues showed up there.  Clicked on the Backlog tab and now they were gone from the Backlog.  This is truly inappropriate behavior.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Never seen that before. Have you cleared your browser's cache?

Suggest an answer