Is that possible to write a script, disallow users to move tickets between sprints in Jira Agile

Cue Connect September 15, 2015

Is that possible to write a script, disallow users to move tickets between sprints in Jira Agile 

I have installed this plugin today, but didn't know where to start to implement this function. 

4 answers

0 votes
Cue Connect September 16, 2015

Thank you all, the problem resolved by editing the "schedule permission" for a project. 

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

ScriptRunner has JQL functions to show addedAfterSprintStart, and removedAfterSprintStart if that's any help.

0 votes
Mark McCormack (Adaptavist)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 15, 2015

Rather than disallowing users to move, why don't you set up a JIRA report and dashboard that shows all issues that have recently moved sprints.

You could use ScriptRunner to create an escalation service that highlights whenever a ticket is moved from one sprint to another and then you can choose to deal with these events as they happen. It is generally a better practice to encourage good processes rather than block bad practices using JIRA.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Nick September 15, 2015

I do not understand why you want to stop users from moving tickets. You "move" tickets into a sprint. Either they are completed in that sprint or they will end up in a subsequent sprint. You may "move" tickets out of next sprint to the backlog during sprint planning. I think it is a good practice to not move tickets during a live sprint but I do not see a need to enforce this through Jira.

I may have misunderstood your requirement. If so please explain what you need in a bit more detail.

Suggest an answer