Is that possible to add post function on global transition?

Shrek Ding February 27, 2013

Hi Guys:

I use greenhopper to manage the project workflow, but now I met one problem, which is I can NOT add post function on the global transition, do you have any experience?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 28, 2013

Hi Shrek,

When you view the workflow in your project(Administration > Project > Workflow), you can click the Edit button in the diagram and it will bring you to the workflow designer. Above there, there would be a toggle between text and diagram:

As I test this in JIRA 5.2.6, not sure if the button is not available for your version.

Otherwise, you can proceed to Administration > Issues > Workflows > Your workflow > Edit > Text Mode. From there, you should be able to view the traditional workflow edit mode as following:

Click any of the global transition and you would be redirect to the transition screen which you're able to add your prefer Condition, Validators or Post Functions. You may want to test in your test instance.

Shrek Ding March 3, 2013

Hi Tecken,

Thanks very much for your investigation, what I can see on our own instance has been added in last comment, my instance version is 5.0.6, so I think what you saw is NOT variable on our instance.

But we will plan upgrade to 5.2.X in next quarter, so I hope I can verify this future by then.

Regards.

Shrek

Shrek Ding March 3, 2013

Hi Tecken,

Is there any possibility that my problem associated with our GreenHopper version?

our GH version is 6.0.1, what is your test GH version?

Thanks.

Shrek

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2013

Try go to JIRA Administration > Issues > Workflows and you should be getting the following screen. Click on the number highlighted in the steps columns of your prefer workflow and you would be bring into another page that list all the steps and transitions.

Click any of your preferred global transition and start adding the post functions. You may need to create a draft ahead if your workflow is active.

I hope that helps.

0 votes
Teck-En
Atlassian Team
February 27, 2013

Hi Shrekting,

After creating the global transition over at the Diagram mode, you can switch to the text mode of the workflow. From there, you can see the global transition you created and add post function into it.

If it's a active workflow, you may need to create a draft beforehand. I would advise a copy of backup been performed to avoid any unexpected error happens to the workflow.

Shrek Ding February 28, 2013

Hi Tecken,

Thanks a lot for your answer, I try to find the transition from text mode, but there is no trasitions, please check with my attached images.

Shrek

Teck-En
Atlassian Team
March 4, 2013

Try go to JIRA Administration > Issues > Workflows and you should be getting the following screen. Click on the number highlighted in the steps columns of your prefer workflow and you would be bring into another page that list all the steps and transitions.

Click any of your preferred global transition and start adding the post functions. You may need to create a draft ahead if your workflow is active.

I hope that helps.

Suggest an answer