Is syncAgent plugin still alive?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

Hi Guys

Wanted to know if the syncAgent plugin for JIRA still alive?

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JSA/Sync+Agent+for+JIRA

The page has not been modified for over 18 months now, and also not listed on marketplace. Any ideas?

This plugin provides the solution to syncronise two JIRA instances.

Rahul

2 answers

0 votes
Andy Brook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2015

Hi Boris, It was a case of 'can I do that' I got caught up in it, did it, but then realized it would likely not sell more than a fistfull of licenses, the maintenance costs therefore would be too high. Its still in the codebase, but I don't plan on relaunching it right now, adding a direct REST communication channel from SyncAgent to JEMH to push the content, and still leverage all the JEMH field mapping is something that may add value, just has a big question mark over value. I have had only a few queries about it since then. Thanks for the nudge on the wiki page, I've added a banner to that effect.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2015

@Andy Brook [The Plugin People]

Suggest an answer