Is restoring a saved filter id to a kanban board very difficult?

Amy Ruhl April 23, 2015

I deleted the query behind my kanban board by accident.  I found your instructions that tell me how to restore the id to the board and sent it to the our administrator  see doc.  

The response I received was

Ruhl, Amy, this process requires significant work to modify the backend database for JIRA, as well as a service restart. Is there no way you could recreate the board instead?

It didn't look that hard from your instructions.  Is this really a big deal or is he confused?

2 answers

0 votes
cgauterio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 23, 2015

Hi Amy,

Even though this is not supported (making changes directly in the database) it is a simple procedure and we can make an exception. Please create the new filter, share it accordingly, and raise an issue with us at https://support.atlassian.com providing us the name of the board, so we can fix it.

Cheers,

Clarissa.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 23, 2015

Taking the service down to do this is generally a bad idea, as is messing with a JIRA database without any backups - to do this safely, you're looking at stopping JIRA, backing up the database, making the change, and restarting. 

That inconveniences your users and exposes you to risk (and it's unsupported by Atlassian).  Recreating the board is far easier.

Suggest an answer