Is "Tests" option is the additional plugin, if so what is the cost of that?

Praveen Kumar Miriyala June 15, 2017

I want to include the "Tests" tab option to Create/Add/execute our test cases/test. Do we need to buy any additional plugin for this.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2017

Yes, JIRA doesn't have a "tests" thing built into it, so you will need an add-on.

However, there are a lot of options for a testing add-on.  Testrail, Test Management for JIRA, Zephyr (Server or inside JIRA), qTest, and and and.

You'll need to define what you want from a testing add-on and have a look at all the options in the marketplace.

Praveen Kumar Miriyala June 15, 2017

Thanks much for your reply, can you suggest some open source plugin please?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2017

I'm not aware of any specifically open-source ones.  I look at the features my clients need and then cost.

If cost is the primary thing you need to worry about, then that's fine, but I'm afraid I can't really suggest or recommend any product.  You need to decide on what you're looking for and then have a look through https://marketplace.atlassian.com/solutions/test-management-tools-for-jira

In the interests of openness, I work for one of the providers listed there (albeit not in that area).  That does not change my recommendation that you should evaluate your options against what you need and want.

Suggest an answer