Is "JIRA Suite Utilities" required for "Issue Alternative Assignee" plugin?

G2G JPSupport May 19, 2014

Does anyone know if "JIRA Suite Utilities" is required for "Issue Alternative Assignee" plugin?

Our customer recently upgraded their JIRA instance to 6.1.7 from 5.1.5 with "Issue Alternative Assignee". Then they have a problem that Transition button doen't function as expected. After installing "JIRA Suite Utilities", button is available again.

Thank you in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2014

Most likely you had another workflow element that was using JIRA Suite Utilities plugin. I don't think the plugin depends on JSU (Jamie can correct me if I am wrong ;)).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2014

I think you're spot on there. JSU does not provide anything called "issue alternative assignee", so I suspect that it's actually a field that is referenced by a JSU function in the transition. So you need the JSU there to support the function that is used in the workflow.

Suggest an answer