Is "JIRA Suite Utilities" required for "Issue Alternative Assignee" plugin?

Does anyone know if "JIRA Suite Utilities" is required for "Issue Alternative Assignee" plugin?

Our customer recently upgraded their JIRA instance to 6.1.7 from 5.1.5 with "Issue Alternative Assignee". Then they have a problem that Transition button doen't function as expected. After installing "JIRA Suite Utilities", button is available again.

Thank you in advance,

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Most likely you had another workflow element that was using JIRA Suite Utilities plugin. I don't think the plugin depends on JSU (Jamie can correct me if I am wrong ;)).

I think you're spot on there. JSU does not provide anything called "issue alternative assignee", so I suspect that it's actually a field that is referenced by a JSU function in the transition. So you need the JSU there to support the function that is used in the workflow.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

101 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you