Is possible to use multi-line text fields with Nfeed plugin?

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2015

Hi,

Is possible to use multi-line text fields to display longer text strings with JIRA Nfeed plugin?

Regards,

Florjan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2015

It is currently not possible to use multi-line text fields to display longer text strings with JIRA Nfeed plugin.

0 votes
AbdullahiA June 15, 2015

Hi Florjan, 

Currently only the below display mode is supported by nFeed : 

• Autocomplete – To have an autocomplete text box with plenty of options.
  • Query results picker – To select the data displayed in a table in a raw format.
  • Read-only – To display data in JIRA issue edit screen with no action on it from the user.
  • Select list – To display 1 to 9 select lists in the same row to lead the user to filter and finally select the data.

Can you please provide me of example of your usecase ?

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2015

Hi!

The latest request of our customers is to display service description of the previously selected service (in related nfeed custom field) in a box like for standard Description field (with more than one line!).

They need description of the service to check if their service selection is ok.

As a workaround I see connection of nfeed customfield and standard milti-line text field but I don't know how to connect them and how to fill this standard field automatically in opened form (e.g. for other fields we use behaviours plugin - but it doesn't work with nfeed fields). Maybe with REST somehow? Do you know how to achieve this?

Thank you and regards,
Florjan

I also created support ticket in Nfeed project (NFEED-1219).

Vidic Florjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 16, 2015

Additional information: We use Read-only mode for field with service description and autocomplete mode for field with list of services.

Suggest an answer