• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Is possible to get rid "optional" text when the request type field i put "No"? I know we can put "required" to hide the optional word. Any suggestion?

Is possible to get rid "optional" text when the request type field i put "No"? I know we can put "required" to hide the optional word. Any suggestion?

faizal July 25, 2016

image2016-7-26 15:57:37.png

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2016

Not without a bit of code change - you'd need to change the template rendering the page to remove this

I'm not sure why you'd want to go to that effort, it's cosmetic and quite a helpful indicator apparently

Rose Sahagun July 19, 2018

Hi Nic! I agree with you on the usefulness but my user case here is the following:

We have a client facing portal that we need to check whether a field will be required based on the users reply via radio buttons. If they indicate "Yes" then we need them to enter another field info, if they indicate "No" they can ignore that other field. 

In the past I used Extension for Jira SD plugin which allowed us to setup dynamic forms but in cloud we can not - so its confusing that we tell the client to give us the info if they select "Yes" but next to the field we tell them to enter it says optional. I can't make it required since its a url field so they would need to enter some fake url haha

With that background, I am hoping you could share how one would go about making that code change to the template. 

Thank you!

Rose

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 22, 2018

You can't do this on Cloud, it doesn't support the injection of the code you'd need.

Rose Sahagun July 30, 2018

I was hopeful that we could figure out a solution, luckily we are moving to data center soon. Thank you!

Suggest an answer