Is possible to connect closer projects in JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk?

Hi,

is there any option to connect closer issues in JIRA Software and JIRA Service Desk? I found only by the Issue link. Is possible somehow for example:

1. Automatically /semi automatically create an issue for developers (in software project) from incoming request in service desk?

2. Automatically change status on issue in service desk when I change status on related issue in software project?

3.When I have one issue in Service Desk and other one related issue in JIRA . Can development and service desk write comments on one place (to see comments on both platforms, Service Desk and Software) ? 

Many thanks for any help.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hello Jan Macek,

1. No. There is no native way. Perhaps, one add-on could do it.
  2. You can do it.
    1. Click on Project Settings
    2. Click on Automation
    3. Click on Add Rule
    4. Select option Update when a linked issues changes
    5. And edit rule 

WHEN A linked issue is transitioned

IF A linked issue is transitioned

THEN Transition issue "new status"

3. There is no a native way to do it. But as a workaround... you can use Confluence! You link a page on Confluence for linked issues and the both can see the same information.

Regards,

Lameck.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

197 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you