Is it somehow possible to embed an iframe into Jira Dashboards?

Hi there

I would like to be able to embed an iframe into a Jira Dashboard. Is that possible with for an example a plugin?

Best regards

Kristín

3 answers

1 accepted

You can use the provided Text-Gadget in which you can enter arbitrary HTML.

As this is a potential security risk, it has to be manually enabled by your JIRA Administrator:

Manage-Addons -> System Add-ons -> Expand

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin

-> Expand the Modules and enable 'Text (text-gadget)'

Excellent, thank you, worked like a charm :)

I can't find this in our JIRA 6.2. I looked everwhere for System Add-ons but couldnt find it

its still there

Manage-Addons -> choose 'System' in the select-box next to the filter-field -> Expand 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin', expand its Modules & enable the 'Text (text-gadget)'

Ahaa!! Thanks for the clarification

Here are some screenshots to help others with same question

This option appears to be disables in the later JIRA Version: 6.5-OD-03-002. Any workarounds?

TextGadgetDisabled.GIF

you can enable it just hover over disable and it will bring up an enable button..

only problem is that the text gadgets do not work with a system dashboard... so in essence.. its a pretty much useless gadget as the only time i would use it would be on a system dashboard to display an iframe etc

the text-gadget works fine on the system dashboard, at least on our JIRA 6.2.1 & JIRA 6.4.6 Server Installation. So maybe it only affects the cloud version?

i am using the server version, i believe it does not support HTML on the system dashboard...

for users who are not logged in that is..

HTML also works on the system dashboard. Maybe its just that the text-gadget is not available for anonymous users, can't say exactly. But maybe the 'Introduction-Gadget' can help you in that situation? just be aware that you'll need to set the text/html for it via Administration > System > General Configuration

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Posted 7 hours ago in Jira

We want to know what Jira Service Desk apps you're using!

Hi Community! My name is Amir and I’m on the Jira Service Desk product marketing team at Atlassian. Our team would love to understand how you’re leveraging our ecosystem for Jira Service Desk. Wha...

25 views 0 5
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you