Is it somehow possible to embed an iframe into Jira Dashboards?

Kristin Bestla March 4, 2013

Hi there

I would like to be able to embed an iframe into a Jira Dashboard. Is that possible with for an example a plugin?

Best regards

Kristín

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Torsten Weck March 4, 2013

You can use the provided Text-Gadget in which you can enter arbitrary HTML.

As this is a potential security risk, it has to be manually enabled by your JIRA Administrator:

Manage-Addons -> System Add-ons -> Expand

Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin

-> Expand the Modules and enable 'Text (text-gadget)'

Kristin Bestla March 5, 2013

Excellent, thank you, worked like a charm :)

Korayem April 28, 2014

I can't find this in our JIRA 6.2. I looked everwhere for System Add-ons but couldnt find it

Torsten Weck April 28, 2014

its still there

Manage-Addons -> choose 'System' in the select-box next to the filter-field -> Expand 'Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Gadgets Plugin', expand its Modules & enable the 'Text (text-gadget)'

Salem Korayem April 28, 2014

Ahaa!! Thanks for the clarification

Here are some screenshots to help others with same question

Like Sir Mārtiņš Vanags likes this
1 vote
Jey from Kursors February 24, 2020

Sorry for advertising, but as an alternative, if you want to embed any URL in projects or at home level you can use our app : https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1221775/embed-plus-any-page-any-url-in-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

Compatible for Jira Cloud.

nbh June 25, 2020

Awsome. I'm trying to embed my app for software companies' download trackers. I built the app with WordPress PI and it took me awhile to find out there's an iframe plugin in Jira dashboard.

1 vote
chandragaajula May 19, 2015

This option appears to be disables in the later JIRA Version: 6.5-OD-03-002. Any workarounds?

TextGadgetDisabled.GIF

0 votes
t June 15, 2015

you can enable it just hover over disable and it will bring up an enable button..

only problem is that the text gadgets do not work with a system dashboard... so in essence.. its a pretty much useless gadget as the only time i would use it would be on a system dashboard to display an iframe etc

Torsten Weck June 15, 2015

the text-gadget works fine on the system dashboard, at least on our JIRA 6.2.1 & JIRA 6.4.6 Server Installation. So maybe it only affects the cloud version?

t June 15, 2015

i am using the server version, i believe it does not support HTML on the system dashboard...

t June 15, 2015

for users who are not logged in that is..

Torsten Weck June 15, 2015

HTML also works on the system dashboard. Maybe its just that the text-gadget is not available for anonymous users, can't say exactly. But maybe the 'Introduction-Gadget' can help you in that situation? just be aware that you'll need to set the text/html for it via Administration > System > General Configuration

Suggest an answer