Is it safe to temporarily use a temp license on existing project?

Martin McKenny February 26, 2016

Hi,

Our server was rebooted and now we are unable to restart JIRA without a license key.

I don't have access to the existing key - the person who has it is out of the office.

Is it safe for me to use the temp key for an existing project - will I lose any data? Any better suggestions (apart from making sure the original key is available to more than one person smile )

Thanks,

-Martin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2016

The licence keys have no effect on your data, they only affect functionality (and that's limited to stuff like "can't log in", "can't add new users", "can't edit stuff" and "you're an admin, here's a reminder that your licence is dead").

Running with a developer or evaluation licence will work fine, and then when you get new ones sorted, you'll be able to simply replace the temporary ones.

0 votes
Martin McKenny February 26, 2016

Thank you (and sorry if it is obvious, just don't want to risk data).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 26, 2016

I don't think it's obvious.  The docs don't explicitly say it smile

Suggest an answer