Is it possible with Behaviours, to make a comment required on the change of the assignee?

Deleted user July 27, 2015

Hi,

it would be great, if you provided me with a solution for the following problem:

Our users should provide a comment everytime the assignee is changed. Using the workflow validators is not enough for solving the problem, because there would still be the possibility for the users to use the button "Assign". Then no validation would be running and no comment required.

Hence, it seems to be the best way to introduce a Behaviour, that checks the changing of the Assignee and makes a comment required, if the Assignee is changed indeed. If the Assignee stays the same - f.i. in a transition - a comment would NOT be required.

Do you think this would be possible? If yes, could you please provide me a solution or at least a hint (please note: I'm not a pro in scripting ;-) )

Thanks in advance,

Robert

2 answers

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

The following should work:

if (getActionName() != "Create Issue") {
    def assigneeChanged = underlyingIssue.getAssigneeId() != getFieldById("assignee").value
    getFieldById("comment").setRequired(assigneeChanged)
}

That should be applied to the Assignee field. 

It's not going to work though if the user clicks the "Assign to me" link. I think that's a bug in that behaviours should hide that link, in the same way it will disable inline editing for fields that have a behaviour assigned.

0 votes
Deleted user July 27, 2015

Hi Jamie,

thanks a lot for the support. Your Script runs as described!

Regarding the "Assign to Me"-Option: We globally disabled inline editing. To be honest, I expected the "Assign-to-me"-Option to vanish with disabling inline editing. But to my surprise it didn't.

Do you know any other way to hide that option (but only in specific projects)?

Regards, Robert

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2015

I think you will need to inject some javascript, then depending on JIRA.Issue.getIssueKey() you would do: AJS.$("#assign-to-me").hide()

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events