Is it possible to write a Jira filter which contains a column for Resolved By?

Harris Porter February 8, 2016

I've written a filter that queries for all issues closed within the last 10 days.  However, I need to be able to sort by the individuals that resolved each ticket.  I've done some searching online, but so far have not found the answer.  Basically, is there a way to write a filter such that the results contain a column for Resolved By?  Please bear in mind that ours is an OnDemand instance, so SQL queries are not possible.  Thank you in advance.

2 answers

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2016

'Resolved By' is not a default field. If you need to capture that field, you need to add a user custom field and populate that field in the workflow post function whenever the issue is resolved.

This will not add the field on already resolved issues but it will at-least start capturing the field for new resolutions. Once the field is available, you can add it as a column in your filters or search based on it.

0 votes
Hung Nguyen February 9, 2016

I thought that the bug should be Resolved By the Assignee by definition. So in our case, I would always list Assignee as the Resolver of the issues.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 9, 2016

That is not a rule, unless you add a workflow condition that only assignees can resolve the issue. Even after that, you need to stop re-assigning issues to make sure the assignee doesn't change.

Given that, you can list assignee in the filter results.

Suggest an answer