Is it possible to use the JIRA Behaviours with JIRA v6.0-OD-14-WN?

Mariam Quesada May 20, 2013

1 answer

0 votes
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Hi Mariam,

The JIRA version 6.0 has just being released today and looking from the plugin page , this has not being updated to include version 6 meaning that it has not being tested yet and hence no gurantee that it will work. Since JIRA 6 is a major release, there is likelyhood that some features might be broken in the plugin. I will recommend that you plugin developer for an update for JIRA 6

Mariam Quesada May 21, 2013

Well, I have JIRA 6. I need to set the value of a field automatically, for instance When someone put the value for the version number I need that JIRA updated the Due Date value automatically. Is suposse that Im able to do this Wtih JIRA Behaviours plug, But I can not use it right?

So what can I do in this case?

Thanks

Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

Hi Mariam,

Yes the plugoin shold do the trick for you but if it is still not supported in 6, you can consider following the guide here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Displaying+a+Field+Based+on+Another+Field+Selection to use javascript to rescue

Mariam Quesada May 22, 2013

Hi,

I have check this, I have follow the example but it does not work.

i Really dont know how to create the javascrip that I need. I follow the guide but When I check the sourcode of the page I dont find the Custom Filed Id.

I think that maybe this example is not for my JIRA version

I'm looking for something that let me crete scripts, I have found "

Script Runner" but Im not able to intall it in JIRA

Thanks

Suggest an answer