Is it possible to use a filter/ JQL to determine the content of the columns on the agile task board in JIRA

Edd Grant September 17, 2012

Hi,

Using JIRA v4.0.2#472, I have recently started looking at the agile task board and want to use it for our team. Our state model doesn't quite match JIRAs defaults though (we use user assignation to determine certain values). As a result I can't quite get the columns in the task board to show what I want.

Is it possible to use a filter/ JQL query to determine the content of each of the columns on the agile task board? This seems like it should be possible as JIRA uses filters elsewhere to drive content but I can't figure out how to do it in this case. Is it possbile?

Many thanks,

Edd

1 answer

1 vote
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

No it is not possible. Columns swim lanes only work with issue status and not more complex JQL.

It might be worth exploring Kanban boards where horizontal row swim lanes can be added which are controlled by a JQL filter.

See more info at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Swimlane

Suggest an answer