Is it possible to use Crowd just for authentication

fbeck_br August 24, 2014

I tried to connect Jira to a Crowd server, but after Jira sync with crowd (~40,000 users and ~5,000 groups) I coud not manage those users.

Jira added a lot of users from CROWD as jira-adminstrators , and a many users as jira-users.

Note: The Crowd is from another location, and I am not admin of this server, but I need to give permission for some users (~100 users) of this location in my Jira.

For while, I added those users as internal Jira users, but they ask me have a unified password.

So,I would like to use this crowd directory just for password authentication, but keep the user managed internaly in Jira, when I can define a proper group for each user.

Is it possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2014

Hi Flavio, actually it's not possible. The idea of Crowd is to centralize the management of all users, groups and memberships in a single application. Adding the ability of including users from Crowd in a local JIRA group would break this purpose.

Ideally you should require access to Crowd management and modify the group membership directly in Crowd.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer