Is it possible to update the label of a Custom Field Value using groovy?

Edgar Garcia May 8, 2014

We have some projects that have lasted years, and some catalogs require maintenance. To not loose data, the preference is to add a prefix "DELETED" to those values that are not supposed to be used anymore, so we don't loose the value for old records and the new ones have a way to tell the user the option is no longer valid. We would have preferred to just "disable" the option, but that behavior is not avaialble.

What would be the groovy solution?

Thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Edgar Garcia May 8, 2014

Well... we are in the process of upgrading but it will end until July.... and the only alternative right now is to run a database script to update the labels, and to re-start Jira so it takes the new values. Hopefully that's enough.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

> Is there something I could use to avoid this?

You could upgrade.
If you can't upgrade then you could use script runner to rename them... but I can't remember the API, it changed substantatially for Options around 4.4 iirc.
0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2014

What's wrong with disabling the options? That's the best solution.

0 votes
Edgar Garcia May 8, 2014

We have Jira 4.1.x, and I have not found a way to disable the options, I can remove them, but aparently all the closed items that use that option I delete, will show empty that field. Is there something I could use to avoid this?

Suggest an answer