Is it possible to update fields via email?

Jeremy Schrecengost June 22, 2014

I currently have my JIRA setup to add comments via email but I cannot export out comments to a spreadsheet for data tracking.

Is it possible to setup JIRA to recognize email commands to update specific fields? (ex: TC-27 "Owner" = "Jeremy")

I have tried a few other options (getting an add-on that saves last comments in a text field , it only saved the last 2 comments but we need all comments) but they did not work.

Any help on updating custom fields via email (or a way to export out ALL comments) would be helpful.

1 answer

0 votes
Danilo Conrad
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2014

Hi Jeremy,

This is not possible in JIRA vanilla (out-of-the-box). There are, however, plugins which may provide this functionality. One of such plugins is the Enterprise Mail Handler for JIRA.

You may find below the link to the documentation containing the features provided by this plugin:

https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JEMH/1+-+What+is+JEMH

I hope this information helps.

Cheers,

Danilo

Jeremy Schrecengost June 22, 2014

I was looking for something that is not so expensive. I have a large number of users and this is up to $8,000 for those users.

Suggest an answer