Is it possible to update different values to multiple fields of mutiple issues in JIRA from bulk update?

Karthik Bhat November 18, 2012

In bulk update, bulk edit will allow us to update values of multiple fields of multiple JIRA issues. My question is, can I update different values to these multiple fields?

For example, if I have 3 jira items in my bulk update page, can I update the target versions for first item as 1.0, second item as 2.0 and third item as 3.0?

If it is not possible, is there a plugin that will help me do that?

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

You can't really do that. Bulk edit will change values for every issue you are editing. Haven't seen a plugin to do what you want to do.

Thank you Jobin for the clarification. Is this option good enough to be a feature request in the upcoming versions of JIRA?

1 vote
Naren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Hi Naren,

Thanks for the reply. This plugin is useful while I clone the issues. But I am not cloning here. I just want to update the fields of already existing JIRA items.

I have a set of JIRA items and then I should be able to update multiple fields in them with different values. Any further thoughts?

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 2, 2013
0 votes
Rich H January 30, 2013

I have the same issue in my organization. we have a rank field which we want to update in multiple tickets and our business users want it to be simple such that they can in one view (a search result) be able to enter ranks against the tickets one after another. Right now, it takes multiple CLICKS to edit each ticket.

There may be a way but from my search so far i could not find a solution.

Please help.

Suggest an answer