Is it possible to unwatch all issues in a jira project?

Mikael Juellund February 12, 2015

A colleague is no longer involved in a project but gets spammed everytime there is a update on a issue he is watching. In relation to this I wan't to know if there is a way to unwatch all issues at one time instead of unwatching every issue manually? Or is there another function that can stop updates?

Best regards

Mikael 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 12, 2015

If your user has "bulk edit" permission (it's a global permission), then you can run a filter for "project = X" (or even "I am a watcher" or whatever else), bulk edit the results and remove yourself as a watcher from everything.

Amber Baldet September 3, 2015

What if after leaving the team, the user is de-permissioned from bulk edits, or it's inappropriate to ask them to do this? Bulk unwatch should be an admin feature.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2015

I wouldn't say quite that - I'd say bulk unwatch should *also* be available so an admin can perform it for someone if necessary. I'd raise that as an improvement at https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/jra

shivamdu July 20, 2018

Was this created. This feature is still not available right?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer