I am not receiving any email notifications for one of the issues that I am watching. Is it possible for me to backtrack and check whether the emails are getting sent for this issue? Is there any application log with this information?
Otherwise notification is working fine because I am receiving the emails for the other issues that I am watching.
Appreciate any suggestions.
You can enable mail logging to assist in resolving email issues, it can be useful to know exactly what is passing over the wire between JIRA and SMTP, POP or IMAP servers.
Yep thats the logfile. It can be difficult to digest in a busy system though. If you happen to be using JEMH, you can determine if the notification scheme is actually generating the event through its Notification History Issue Tab ( Screenshot ) that shows who was notified when in response to what change, see wiki for details.
- Inspect the Mail Queue under Administration > Mail Queue and see if notifications are being queued. You can adjust the Mail Queue Service interval to a longer period for troubleshooting purposes. Inspect the Error Queue tab for any errors
- Check If you're using Issue Security Levels, ensure you are members of any Issue security levels that have been applied to the issue.
- Check that there is a notificaton scheme defined for the project in which the issue is.
- Check that the notification scheme is associated with the project. Note: Notification scheme is selected as None by default and has to be selected explicitly for a project
- Check that you have Browse Projects project permission for the project to which the issue belongs.
For the location of logs, have a look at this url
In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to have–in order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs