Is it possible to track whether an issue has sent emails out?

Manju Nambiar January 23, 2013

I am not receiving any email notifications for one of the issues that I am watching. Is it possible for me to backtrack and check whether the emails are getting sent for this issue? Is there any application log with this information?

Otherwise notification is working fine because I am receiving the emails for the other issues that I am watching.

Appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Manju

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
darylchuah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 23, 2013

You can enable mail logging to assist in resolving email issues, it can be useful to know exactly what is passing over the wire between JIRA and SMTP, POP or IMAP servers.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Logging+email+protocol+details

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

Yep thats the logfile. It can be difficult to digest in a busy system though. If you happen to be using JEMH, you can determine if the notification scheme is actually generating the event through its Notification History Issue Tab ( Screenshot ) that shows who was notified when in response to what change, see wiki for details.

0 votes
Manju Nambiar February 5, 2013

I had forgotten to enable "Notify on my own". The lgging info was very helpful though. Learned a lot.

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2013

- Inspect the Mail Queue under Administration > Mail Queue and see if notifications are being queued. You can adjust the Mail Queue Service interval to a longer period for troubleshooting purposes. Inspect the Error Queue tab for any errors

- Check If you're using Issue Security Levels, ensure you are members of any Issue security levels that have been applied to the issue.

- Check that there is a notificaton scheme defined for the project in which the issue is.

- Check that the notification scheme is associated with the project. Note: Notification scheme is selected as None by default and has to be selected explicitly for a project

- Check that you have Browse Projects project permission for the project to which the issue belongs.

For the location of logs, have a look at this url

https://confluence.atlassian.com/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=16121981

Rahul

Suggest an answer