Is it possible to to get the latest date an issue has been assigned through Jira Structure?

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 5, 2022

Hi all, I noticed I can pull assignee but not the date of the most latest assignee. Is there someway I may have missed it within the Structure Documentation, or is the meta data not really available?

I assume its probably available via an API call but I was hoping for something to use within "Jira Structure".

Alternatively I may just create a field for this and use an automation to auto update it with a date/time each time a new user is assigned and use that value but I was hoping to get away from an automation for each project.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 6, 2022

Hello Calvin !

It looks like you are using Structure for an onprem hosted instance of Jira.  Since this is the case, you can reference the History in a Formula.

Please try adding a new formula column and use this:

history.changes
.FILTER($.field = "assignee").changegroup
.LAST().timeperformed

It filters the history events where the assignee was changed.  It then filters it again to the last time that the field was changed and returns the date/time it was done.

You will just need to make sure to set the formula's formatting option to Date/Time.

Please let me know if it helps!

Best,
David

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2022

Incredible answer and documentation/links for me to check out. Worked great. Thank you so much!

Like David Niro likes this
David Niro
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 9, 2022

You are very welcome!  Glad to hear it worked for you :)

Suggest an answer