Is it possible to suppress the "updated the Global Rank of" notification in Jira?

Jari Kokkonen August 16, 2012

Hi,

When using Agile Boards, the ranking is done by dragging and dropping issues in the board. This is very handy but the side effect is that your Dashboard Activity Stream gadget gets filled with "xxx updated the Global Rank of yyy" notifications every time a move is made in the board.

I guess this is because Jira/GH internally updates the (Global) Rank field and this change fires the general 'Issue Updated' notification which causes the line to appear in the Activity Stream gadget - right?.

I find the informational value of this kind of notification very low and would like to know if it is possible to suppress just this notification without losing any other functionality (I.e. I still want to get notifications on other field updates)?

BR,
Jari

1 answer

1 vote
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 27, 2012

It would be nice to able to turn this notification off I agree. I suggest you add a new GreenHopper Story to the issue tracker and post the link here to help get votes for it.

Suggest an answer