Is it possible to simultaneously log in to OnDemand from multiple devices (including Android phones and iPhones) with the same credentials?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

So I'm using a tablet, my desktop and my phone with an app simultaneously - depends on if I'm at my desk, in a meeting, etc.

It appears that every time I shift devices - I have to re-login, which then promptly kicks me out of the other devices. It's the same set of credentials and the same user - me.

Is there a way to stop OnDemand JIRA/Confluence from terminating my sessions when I log in via another device?

9 answers

1 vote
raimo_t October 7, 2015

I've tried this in Private Mode with all cookies cleared, and it's still happening consistently, every time when I use Atlassian JIRA app or any external API connector.

0 votes
Nathan Keilar December 6, 2015

Yes. This has been a problem ever since I started using Jira. Very annoying as can't use on ipad and Desktop at same time. Really quite ridiculous. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 6, 2015

It's something in your settings - I'm *still* logged into the same Cloud system on two totally separate devices.

Nathan Keilar December 6, 2015

An ideas what setting. I've spent a fair amount of time looking prior to this, but in the setting and using google to no avail.

0 votes
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 7, 2015

Hello Lee,

Please check out the following KB article:

It sounds like you my be hitting a remember me cookie issue.  And  a Cache flush on your devices can clear this up.

0 votes
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, guys. Since you can replicate the problem, you can create a bug report at https://support.atlassian.com in the Cloud project. Thanks. Kind regards, Jaime Kirch da Silveira Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
raimo_t March 12, 2015

This is happening for me as well – very annoying.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 7, 2014

Interesting, I think you might have to do quite a lot of debugging here - I cannot replicate this behaviour at all - I'm logged into a Cloud Jira on this laptop and my tablet (on the same router though, if that makes a difference) and my phone over a 3g connection unrelated to my home internet. All three are logged in with the same ID and are all working fine.

0 votes
Jared Sinclair August 21, 2014

@Bill I can confirm that this bug is indeed the case. It's reproducible and frustrating:

Assume you have:

- JIRA OnDemand service with two types of log-ins: Google account and native OnDemand username/pw, linked to each other.

- A third-party iOS app (in house or otherwise) using Basic Auth over https

- A desktop browser

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Log into JIRA on the desktop browser, using either Google or native username/pw auth. Either way leads to the same result.

2) Log into JIRA on the iOS app using username/pw over https.

3) Return to the desktop browser and navigate (refresh, click Create, etc.).

4) You are returned to the log in screen on the browser.

Notes

It doesn't matter when Step 2 two occurs. Even in less than a minute after Step 1, you are immediately logged out on the web.

0 votes
Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

I can force it to happen. It seems to take place when I utilize a phone app (JIRA Connect or JIRA Issue tracker). Could it be that this is the result of something those apps are doing (or are forced to do?)

0 votes
BillA
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 7, 2014
It's not designed to behave this way. It shouldn't happen.

Suggest an answer