So I'm using a tablet, my desktop and my phone with an app simultaneously - depends on if I'm at my desk, in a meeting, etc.
It appears that every time I shift devices - I have to re-login, which then promptly kicks me out of the other devices. It's the same set of credentials and the same user - me.
Is there a way to stop OnDemand JIRA/Confluence from terminating my sessions when I log in via another device?
@Bill I can confirm that this bug is indeed the case. It's reproducible and frustrating:
Assume you have:
- JIRA OnDemand service with two types of log-ins: Google account and native OnDemand username/pw, linked to each other.
- A third-party iOS app (in house or otherwise) using Basic Auth over https
- A desktop browser
Steps to Reproduce:
1) Log into JIRA on the desktop browser, using either Google or native username/pw auth. Either way leads to the same result.
2) Log into JIRA on the iOS app using username/pw over https.
3) Return to the desktop browser and navigate (refresh, click Create, etc.).
4) You are returned to the log in screen on the browser.
It doesn't matter when Step 2 two occurs. Even in less than a minute after Step 1, you are immediately logged out on the web.
Interesting, I think you might have to do quite a lot of debugging here - I cannot replicate this behaviour at all - I'm logged into a Cloud Jira on this laptop and my tablet (on the same router though, if that makes a difference) and my phone over a 3g connection unrelated to my home internet. All three are logged in with the same ID and are all working fine.
Please check out the following KB article:
It sounds like you my be hitting a remember me cookie issue. And a Cache flush on your devices can clear this up.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.Save your spot