• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Is it possible to simultaneously log in to OnDemand from multiple devices (including Android phones and iPhones) with the same credentials?

Is it possible to simultaneously log in to OnDemand from multiple devices (including Android phones and iPhones) with the same credentials?

So I'm using a tablet, my desktop and my phone with an app simultaneously - depends on if I'm at my desk, in a meeting, etc.

It appears that every time I shift devices - I have to re-login, which then promptly kicks me out of the other devices. It's the same set of credentials and the same user - me.

Is there a way to stop OnDemand JIRA/Confluence from terminating my sessions when I log in via another device?

9 answers

I've tried this in Private Mode with all cookies cleared, and it's still happening consistently, every time when I use Atlassian JIRA app or any external API connector.

It's not designed to behave this way. It shouldn't happen.

I can force it to happen. It seems to take place when I utilize a phone app (JIRA Connect or JIRA Issue tracker). Could it be that this is the result of something those apps are doing (or are forced to do?)

@Bill I can confirm that this bug is indeed the case. It's reproducible and frustrating:

Assume you have:

- JIRA OnDemand service with two types of log-ins: Google account and native OnDemand username/pw, linked to each other.

- A third-party iOS app (in house or otherwise) using Basic Auth over https

- A desktop browser

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Log into JIRA on the desktop browser, using either Google or native username/pw auth. Either way leads to the same result.

2) Log into JIRA on the iOS app using username/pw over https.

3) Return to the desktop browser and navigate (refresh, click Create, etc.).

4) You are returned to the log in screen on the browser.

Notes

It doesn't matter when Step 2 two occurs. Even in less than a minute after Step 1, you are immediately logged out on the web.

0 vote

Interesting, I think you might have to do quite a lot of debugging here - I cannot replicate this behaviour at all - I'm logged into a Cloud Jira on this laptop and my tablet (on the same router though, if that makes a difference) and my phone over a 3g connection unrelated to my home internet. All three are logged in with the same ID and are all working fine.

This is happening for me as well – very annoying.

0 vote

Hi, guys. Since you can replicate the problem, you can create a bug report at https://support.atlassian.com in the Cloud project. Thanks. Kind regards, Jaime Kirch da Silveira Atlassian Cloud Support

0 vote

Hello Lee,

Please check out the following KB article:

It sounds like you my be hitting a remember me cookie issue.  And  a Cache flush on your devices can clear this up.

Yes. This has been a problem ever since I started using Jira. Very annoying as can't use on ipad and Desktop at same time. Really quite ridiculous. 

It's something in your settings - I'm *still* logged into the same Cloud system on two totally separate devices.

An ideas what setting. I've spent a fair amount of time looking prior to this, but in the setting and using google to no avail.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

143 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you