Is it possible to show the amount of time a card has been in an assigned status, on the card itself in Jira Agile workboard?

Simon Marles October 15, 2014

I've tried to utilize the "Card Layout" feature in the Agile Board configuration and adding the "Time in Status" field, however this results in a "None" value being displayed on all cards.

Not sure if anyone else has managed to get this sorted.

4 answers

1 vote
andrers2b May 9, 2017

Days in Column and Days in Status are two different things. One of my teams maps multiples statuses to one column, because our workflow is rather long and we would have too many columns.

There is a checkbox to show Days in Column, but there is no way to show Days in Status on the card. That would be a great feature.

1 vote
jamin_shanti March 21, 2016

Request for enhancement: Numeric representation of days in status.

0 votes
Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

The only information is the dotted line at the bottom: The amount of dots is the amount of days. Would also appreciate to see the time clearly shown.

Matt Tarris November 25, 2014

Hi Jose, perhaps this is available on the self-hosted version and not the cloud? I'd love to have insight on the JIRA Agile "Active sprints" board as to how long an issue has been in a particular Kanban/workflow column. Are you able to show via a screenshot as to what you mean by the dotted line? Thanks!

Jose M.
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

Hi Simon,
I hope this screenshot helps.

Days_in_column.png

Matt Tarris November 26, 2014

Thank you Jose. It doesn't seem to show on the OnDemand/Cloud version ( JIRA v6.4-OD-09-008 ) so perhaps it has been only release for server self hosted.

Simon Marles November 26, 2014

Matt, this is available when utilizing the Kanban board, which one of our teams are using to great effect. However the same functionality is not available for the Agile board, hence I was looking for an alternative solution. p.s. Thanks for the details Jose.

Matt Tarris November 26, 2014

Hi Simon, Interesting - I wonder the reasoning behind only showing this functionality on the Kanban and not the Sprint board? Thanks for letting me know.

0 votes
Matt Tarris November 24, 2014

I would also love to know the solution to this. I'll keep digging and if I find it, I'll let you know.

Suggest an answer