Is it possible to set up stories so that as soon as the story is created, it has 3 tasks associated with it?

Audrey January 8, 2013

Is it possible to set up stories so that as soon as the story is created, it has 3 tasks associated with it? We have the same three tasks for every story and I don't want to create those tasks every time I create a story. Please advise.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
cbenard1
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hi Audry,

Currently there is no way to to create the story with the subtasks automatically. What I can recommend to remedy this would be to create a python script with your thrww subtasks defined that call to JIRA's REST API to create the tasks. Another option would be to create a GreaseMonkey extension in JAVA that would do the same thing.

Here are a couple of documents on JIRA's REST API for your reference:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Tutorials

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+APIs

Cheers

0 votes
parthiban subramaniam
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

-- oops just saw that it applies to the ondemand type, i havent used them at all and i'm not sure my below answer applies, please check

Its not available out of the box.

You have two choices.

use this commercial sollution

JIRA Create on Transition Plugin

Or

create your own plugin that creates these multiple tasks during the create issue event or any transition event of your workflow.

cheers

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

On demand does not allow custom plugins.

Suggest an answer