Is it possible to set the CC field of an email from a custom field?

Benni June 14, 2013

I use the JEMH for a Help-Desk solution and have the following problem.

I have create a profile, which stores the incomming email in a costum field. Also all CC and all further new emails (new email address) will add to this custom field.

Okay, so I have a custom field with e.g. 5 email addresses. If I comment the issue, the listener will send to each email address one email.

Ingoing Email:

So is it possible to create a custom field for the main email address (to:) and one for the cc email addresses? The first Email should add the "from:" address to a custom field "Request Email" and the "cc" addresses to a custom field "CC Request Emails". All further new emails (from: and cc:) should be added to the custom field "CC Request Emails" (If the email is not already available).

Outgoing Email:

There should be only one outgoing email. The email should be set to the main email address which is stored in the custom field "Request Email" and all addresses of the custom field "CC Request Emails" should be added as cc in this email.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Benjamin

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 16, 2013

Hi Benjamin;

Ingoing Email:

So is it possible to create a custom field for the main email address (to:) and one for the cc email addresses? The first Email should add the "from:" address to a custom field "Request Email" and the "cc" addresses to a custom field "CC Request Emails". All further new emails (from: and cc:) should be added to the custom field "CC Request Emails" (If the email is not already available).

Historically this wasn't the case, there was only one Custom Field used for all email addresses that were to be part of notifications driven by JEMH IssueListener, there was not the capability to split sender apart and retain notifications to all. I can see the value of this, so have expanded JEMH in this area with the following:

- ability to refer to several TEXT custom fields containig email addresses in the IssueListener (the blocker to enabling notifications to the content of many fields.

- ensuring that the origianal senders email address does not then end up being added to the participant list.

In all notifications, each individual user gets a single notification, determined by the related IssueEvent.

This will be in the next release of JEMH, 1.4.7 in a day or two, JIRA6 only for new features Im afraid.

Outgoing Email:

There should be only one outgoing email. The email should be set to the main email address which is stored in the custom field "Request Email" and all addresses of the custom field "CC Request Emails" should be added as cc in this email.

No, not currently. JEMH fires emails to individuals, and follows the default JIRA notification behaviour in this. I've created the following to cover what I need to do to make that happen;

- https://thepluginpeople.atlassian.net/browse/JEMH-1467

I would see this working slightly differently, in that a single email would NOT include any direct addressees, that all recipients would be on BCC. The reason for this is that this avoids many duplicate comments being sent to all parities, leaving JEMH to process the incoming content, and drive notifications (once) again on update.

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2013

Hi,

Look to this answers , it can help you,

JIRA Notifications

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions documentation he tells that i can add Email email = newEmail("someuser@e">CC mail in send custom email

Suggest an answer