Is it possible to set originalEstimate via CURL?

I've searched thru the answers here (and via google) but I can't seem to find out if it's possible to set the Original Hours field via a CURL update. I can set fixversion, assignee, etc.

I'm using:

curl -X PUT --data @[json below] [our URL]

I also tried:

curl -X POST --data @[json below] [our URL] (and got HTTP method not allowed for the requested resource)

My json file is one line:

{"update":{"timetracking":{"originalEstimate":"4h"}}}

Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
Did you already check the example at https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/JIRA+REST+API+Example+-+Create+Issue#JIRARESTAPIExample-CreateIssue-Addingaworklogentryduringcreate ?

It mentions that you should also disable the legacy time tracking mode to be able to change other time tracking fields than remaining estimate

I'm using ondemand, so I believe that time tracking mode isn't mine to enable/disable - ergo, it's disabled. The example there is what i used to derive my JSON to begin with - there's just not an example of it being "updatable" - which is different from generating it when the issue is created.

I have just verified that the following works for me in 5.1-m3. I hope it works on OnDemand too.

{
   "fields": {
        "timetracking":
        {
           "originalEstimate": "11d 2h",
           "remainingEstimate": "3h 26m"
        }
    }
}

BTW: I have verified it using the REST API browser which comes with the Atlassian Developer Toolbox plugin. Cool stuff!

I have used PUT

Ah, when I tried to set both the original and the remaining estimates - it worked. Thanks!

This widget could not be displayed.
Joe Clark Atlassian Team May 10, 2012

Are you able to modify the original estimate through the main JIRA interface? Check to make sure that you have disabled 'legacy time tracking' in JIRA's admin interface - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Time+Tracking#ConfiguringTimeTracking-configuringtimetracking

Also ensure that the user you are logging in with via curl has permission to modify the time estimates. :-)

Yes, I can edit it via the web interface; we're on OnDemand, so legacy time tracking isn't the problem. :)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

67 views 0 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you