Is it possible to set custom properties on an Organization?

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 9, 2017

Documentation in the API leads me to believe that the functionality is intended to exist, but I can't find where to do it.

I would expect to see a place to add / modify properties on this page "/projects/{projectKey}/organization/{organizationID}", but maybe it is elsewhere.

4 answers

3 votes
Rick Sandeen March 30, 2020

Any updates on this topic?  All these comments are several yrs old, was this resolved?

Alex Gronau April 1, 2021

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it - another year passed and not included.

0 votes
Gregory Kneller June 21, 2018

Organisations in JSD have no properties yet, nothing to API. 

Who said it it possible for cloud? I see only JSDCLOUD-5966

0 votes
José De Araujo November 11, 2017

hi @Gerry Tan,

I'm also interested in this subject and I was wondering if you could point me where to set such properties in JSD cloud because I couldn't find it.

Regards

José

Adam February 18, 2021

It doesn't exist in Cloud, i don't know what he is talking about.

0 votes
Gerry Tan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 16, 2017

The ability to set properties on organization exist in JSD cloud, but not yet in server. 

Patrick S
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 16, 2017

Thanks Gerry.  Do you know if it's possible to get those properties to show on the main page of a customer ID "/projects/{projectKey}/organization/{organizationID}"?  Or are they only accessible to view by going into the properties page?

My goal here is to have a home page per organization with things like links to their Confluence space.

Austin Sasko July 9, 2018

That is a great question, I am also curious if that is possible from the cloud perspective (I would imagine you can modify this in Server a lot easier).

Adam February 18, 2021

It definitely does not exist in cloud, don't know where you are getting this misinformation from.

mhammans June 8, 2021

It certainly appears to exist in JSD cloud

https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-organization/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-organization-organizationid-property-propertykey-put

Havent tried it yet to see if those properties are visible in the UI

Suggest an answer