Is it possible to set an issue status to DONE even though it was resolved months ago?

shachar September 4, 2019

Hi guys,

I'm running a project where I wish to see a created vs resolved graph by month. When I generated it - it showed "0" resolved issues.

I've found that my workflow was not updating the "Resolution" field to "Done", hence it didn't count the issues towards "resolved", and left them "Open".

Is there a way where I can transition them to Done without making them count as resolved for the current month? Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Kian Stack Mumo Systems
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Shachar,

There is no way to do what you are asking. When you resolve them, they will set the resolution date automatically.

Thanks,

Kian

0 votes
Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2019

Like @Kian Stack Mumo Systems said, the date is set when it is resolved. I suggest you manually count the issues and put something in the report that the reported count from JIRA is incorrect due to a configuration error that has been corrected and give the correct count. I presume you fixed the workflow. 

Suggest an answer